Allright! As you can see a new piece of art. For the first time I was able to post some kind of item twice, that's a good sign!
This piece of art is called Rue Custine in Montmartre painted by Maurice Utrillo in 1909-1910 and I really really love it. During the past few weeks it still has a place on the background of my laptop.
Anyway, Maurice Utrillo: born in Paris in 1883, impressionistic painter, lover of the Mont Martre (who doesn't?!) and died in 1955 in Dax. Lucie Valore founded the Maurice Utrillo organisation, to keep his work remembered. Here you can find the site of that foundation.
I love this work of art, because of the way in which it's painted. All the tiny strokes of the pencil and the idyllic atmosphere makes me so happy. In May I'm going to visit Paris, and I really want to see the Mont Martre and discover if I feel the same feelings of this painting of the Mont Martre, as the place in reality. Oooh I can't wait until May!
No comments:
Post a Comment